Tuesday, November 9, 2021

In Hell I'll be in good company

Eleven years since our last post huh? It's funny how our tastes in music have not changed but broadened. I used to love power metal and power metal only, I used to think my taste in music was vastly superior and one day I started to listen to some other music and appreciate it. I guess my tastes have matured... or at least that's how I want to think. This time I bring you a song from a group that I found by chance. My son likes to listen to The Hu band (the metal band from Mongolia) and we decided to search for a YouTube playlist with music from similar artists. We found it and pressed play.
At first, we heard songs that were expected even if we didn't know the bands. We got Heilung, Skald, Wardruna, and Mongolian throat singing to mention a few, the funny thing was when we started to listen to a whistle and a banjo and we were like "eh... what's that?" And that's how we found The Dead South and one of their most famous songs to date: In hell I'll be in good company. I immediately liked it and I started to listen to them. It's not what you would think I listen to but damn these guys are good and they are now part of my playlists. Here is the song, and if I can recommend another one it would be Broken Cowboy. Artist: The Dead South Album: Good Company Year: 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment