Monday, December 6, 2021

The great Chinggis Khaan

Just two years ago (I mean, 2019) a very interesting band saw the light of day. I saw a friend of my best friend's brother post a video on his feed but I didn't give much thought to it. Like a month or two later, I don't know why, I got curious and went to his timeline to watch the video and it was awesome. It was a gush of fresh air... but that's not the song I'm posting today. 
The song I'm posting today came out some months later and became my favorite instantly. Not only because the song perse but also because I find the video really cool. 

I kinda feel the song has power in it. The Mongolian deep throat singing is very... tribalistic and transmits a sort of energy that you can't find even in guttural death metal songs. This feels like it comes from the soul... and the video compliments the song so nicely!

Grab a nice pair of headphones, turn off the lights and listen to the drums, the Mongolian guitars, and every other autochthonous instrument the band has for you. Enjoy every detail and lose yourself in this feast!
 
Without more ado, here is the song.
   
Artist: The HU Album: The great Chinggis Khaan Year: 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment